Care and Maintenance of Your New Hardwood Floor
There’s nothing like the feeling of elegance and prestige you get when you look at your beautiful new custom hardwood floor made of exotic fine wood. The craftsmanship and beauty of a natural product with its own distinct grain patterns and variations of color, making it one of a kind, will increase the value of your home and make all of your furniture and accessories look different and more attractive.
After your custom hardwood floor is installed you will need to know some important tips and guidelines about how to maintain and care for your hardwood flooring to protect your investment. Hardwood flooring is hypoallergenic in that it does not hold in dust and dirt like carpeting, making it very easy to clean and maintain so that you can enjoy its beauty for years to come.
Guidelines for routine care and maintenance of a hardwood floor:
1.Make sure you vacuum, sweep or use a dust mop on a regular basis to remove dust and dirt that may be tracked onto your hardwood floor.
2. In the event of a spill, blot up the liquid with a clean dry cloth or paper towel. If there is any sticky residue you may damp mop or wipe with a damp cloth and then dry the flooring immediately afterwards.
3. Only use cleaning and maintenance products that are recommended by the manufacturer for your type of hardwood flooring. We carry a complete line of cleaning and maintenance products, which are factory recommended for your hardwood floor on our website woodwudy.com or you may contact us at 1-877-966-3983 to speak to one of our flooring specialists regarding these products.
4. Never wet mop your hardwood flooring. Water can damage your wood floor by causing it to bulk or swell.
5. Never use any all purpose cleaners, dishwashing detergent or any cleaning products made for a vinyl floor on your hardwood floor, which can dull the protective finish.
6. Never apply wax to your hardwood flooring. There is a protective polyurethane finish applied to your hardwood floor by the manufacturer so it never needs waxing.
7. Incorporate the use of area rugs and throw rugs, especially in high traffic area.
8. Always use floor protectors under furniture legs and appliances to prevent any indentation or damage to your hardwood flooring.
9. Always lift furniture or appliances when moving them and do not drag them across the hardwood flooring to prevent any damage.
10. Avoid prolonged exposure of direct sunlight on your hardwood flooring as it may cause fading. Close blinds when the sun is coming in the window and shining directly on the flooring.
11. Do not walk on your hardwood flooring with high heels or cleats on to avoid indentations in your flooring.
12. If you have indoor pets, make sure to keep their nails trimmed and neat to try and avoid them damaging your hardwood floors or leaving deep scratches.
If you will follow these simple, easy to follow guidelines, there is no reason that your custom hardwood flooring won't last a lifetime.
If you have any questions regarding the care and maintenance of your hardwood flooring, please do not hesitate to call us at 1-877-966-3983.
At Woodwudy Wholesale Flooring we are always glad to serve you.