Tarkett-About & History
As a result of 130 years of experience, Tarkett Group leadership has talent, values, and dedication of generations of entrepreneurs to thank. First known as Allibert and Sommer, the company’s history started with the thoughts, energy, and dedication of its initial entrepreneurs. More than 130 years of expertise, Tarkett is a global leader of new and sustainable flooring and sports surface answers. Check out Woodwudy Wholesale Flooring for more information.
Tarkett has among the widest world wide reaches of any flooring company in the globe. With sales in more than 100 countries and expert local teams, Tarkett gathers unparalleled knowledge of local cultures, trends, technical necessities and building regulations along with flooring utilization and execution. In order to find the flooring answer that best matches the diverse local customer necessity, Tarkett shares its bountiful knowledge among the entire organization. We guarantee fast responsiveness and versatility in serving customer necessities through our local manufacturing presence and our customer service facilities. Tarkett is determined to be a one of a kind “Flooring Solution Provider” delivering to its customers:
- A broad range of diverse commodities, providing for complete combined flooring answers.
- A source of expertise and technical support to personalized answers to complicated spaces and specific usages.
- State-of-the-art and new pattern to think of and make commodities that upgrade people’s health, well-being, and living environments.
- Long lasting dedication to corporate social leadership and protecting the environment.
- A world wide presence with durable local buildings to change commodities and services to customers’ tendencies and consumer fads.
Flooring is a world wide thing. All spaces thought of and made by people across the globe regardless of where they live… flooring gives influence, coziness and safety, guarding health and well-being, and aiding people to have improved lives.
Tarkett is a leader globally in unified flooring and sports surface answers along with giving one of a kind flooring experiences daily for more than 130 years in houses, offices, schools, stores, hospitals, hotels, and area where sports are enjoyed. Tarkett’s push for flooring industry leadership through successful, sustainable growth is founded on main success factors that make money for all stakeholders. Woodwudy Wholesale Flooring has more information for those interested.
Tarkett in brief:
- A global leader in new and sustainable answers for flooring and sports finishes
- 2014 net sales of 2.4 billion euros
- 130 year entrepreneurial profitable history with the same dedication of the Deconinck Family, a long time shareholder
- Listed on Euronext Paris
- Tarkett’s top shareholders are the Deconinck family (50.1%), Investors (institutional, individuals, Tarkett management & employees) (28%) and KKR International Flooring 2 S.a.r.l. (21.5%), a limited liability company owned by funds overseen or advised by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P
- One of the widest commodities portfolio in the flooring industry, providing unified and coordinated answers to professional and residential end-users
- 3 million m2 of flooring sold daily for Healthcare, Housing, Offices, Education, Sports and Retail & Hospitality
- The top world wide player in the sector with 34 industrial sites and about 12.000 employees serving clients in over 100 countries
- Exposed evenly geographically: Net sales breakdown by region in 2014: CIS, APAC & LATAM 30%, North America 34%, EMEA 36%*
- Dedication to sustainable development and a round economy, with an active and recognized eco-new strategy
- Profitable acquisition and unification strategy: 18 acquisitions successfully unified in the past seven years
Check out Woodwudy Wholesale Flooring for more information.